Mfangano Island | Mfangano Island

7 Responses to Mfangano Island | Mfangano Island

1. Ilke says:

You really look radiating , both of you!!! And what great and professional pictures!! Did you really see the fishing eagle that close?? Were you by bike while photographing the rhinos, crocodiles and hippos??? I am impressed! Keep on posting! Take care and enjoy! Ilke

2. admin says:

Hi Ilke! We did see the fish-eagle that close – the boat guides have them trained to dive for tourists (kinda embarassing, but hey, it’s fun to be tourists as well). The crocs adn hippos were seen from our campsite and from a boat, and the rhinos the one time we paid to visit a park (way too expensive though, we probably won’t do that again). The rest though is all from the seat of the bike!

3. Laura says:

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful country! It looks like a great start to an amazing trip. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures, they are truly inspiring and I really admire your efforts to promote permaculture. I too hope to someday travel the world by bike and support organic farming. Good luck and I look forward to future posts!
    Laura

4. Marie Messiaen says:

Dear Annabelle and Dave,

Happy new year! Thank you so much for sharing all these beautiful pictures and stories. I enjoy your website very much. We think of you a lot!

Lots of love,

Marie

5. Pingback: Permacyclists » Mfangano

6. Lloyd says:

It looks like Richard is going to have an amazing piece of land! Some really great pictures – I can’t believe all of those fish on the ground! That’s so many!

I haven’t been to Africa yet, but your pictures are capture a lot of it’s beauty and make me want to get there a lot sooner than I’ve planned. I might choose to travel via motorcycle instead of bicycle though :-)

7. Dave says:

Thanks for checking out the site. We definitely hope Richard’s land is looking good – it’s been so long since we were there we should have an idea by now. I need to ask him to post some photos online for us.

And you should definitely head to Africa, there is no place like it, every day we learned something – about ourselves, about the world, you name it. We met a fair number of people doing it by motorcycle, it sounds like a great way to travel, you definitely get to cover more distance if you’re in a hurry. Still, we’re partial to the bikes – we promise, once you try it, even a short trip, you’ll never travel any other way!